Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

An Update on "Within The Cards"

I've been meaning to post a bit of an update on where things are with the book but, if you're been following my antics on Twitter or Facebook you'll know I've had a lot of things going on and a lot of changes and issues to deal with so I haven't really had much time to sit down and hammer out a post about the details.  But, here it is!

First the bad news...
The release date of the book has had to be pushed back. I really, really didn't want to do that but after taking some time to sit back, take a few deep breaths and really think about it, I realized it was the best thing to do to ensure that the book doesn't turn into a giant mess.  I'm going to hold off on announcing an official date, but we'll say it's going to be early September.  I'm shooting for the "under promise over deliver" theory with this one and hope to have it ready before then.   But we'll see where things are going when the time gets closer. 

In all honesty I am truly dying to get it done!!!  I feel like this is getting to be a big weight that I can't get out from under. Which is ridiculous because it's all written and just needs to be pieced together, one extra chapter needs to be written at the end, and I need to do the graphics for some parts.  But I'm finally getting things back on track where I have a plan for blocked out time each day to work on it until it's done while still making time for the other things that are coming up.

So with that, the good news!
Good news related to the book is basically just that it's getting there.  I think it's going to be pretty awesome and I would definitely say it's a book I wish I'd had when I was starting out.  It's been interesting that I've found lately while talking to other authors in the area of new age, esoteric, or occult related books that this is the overwhelming reason they write their books.  This wasn't the reason that I started to work on this book.  I was really just looking for a method of sharing my personal perspective and techniques on working with the cards and a book seemed like the best avenue rather than a website or long blog posts.  But now that I'm at the point I am with it I do see it in that way.  So I hope that for some of you it will be able to provide that sort of help for you.

I'm looking forward to being able to spend time working with the blog and just relaxing once this is done.  Of course if I have the book out at the beginning of September that wont leave me much time for relaxing since I'll be packing and getting ready to move across the country to Salem.

Other things that are going on...
I posted a blog and video a few weeks ago (I think it was that long ago) talking about how I quit my spot on After Hours Radio.  You can check those out for the details and I know a few people were pretty surprised but everyone so far has been very supportive and very much in agreement with my decision and the reasons why I left.  This wasn't a bad thing, this was actually a really good thing. I wasn't doing what I really wanted there and I didn't feel like I was anything but a bit of a dancing monkey, for lack of a better term.  I really wanted to be able to share useful and helpful information with people and that wasn't happening there so instead I've decided to keep doing the radio thing but I'll do a podcast.  Some people had been actually been asking me to provide podcast versions of the AHR show, which I wasn't able to do, so I'm going to do the podcast thing now.  I'm psyched about it!  The show is going to be called Shadow Walking and you can visit the website to sign up for the newsletter to know what shows are posted or send in your comments, questions, and show suggestions.  The first show will be posted July 1st!

So for now I'm a little quiet in the blogging area because of all these other things going on, but I'm here!  And doing what I can to try and share and post when I have the time.  I am all over Facebook and Twitter while all of this is going on though, so you can be sure to find me there.